STOP San Jose Neighborhood Clean Up Program from being Shut Down!
This petition had 133 supporters
- Over 160 San Jose city workers are facing losing their job in December 2nd, 2017! The city of San Jose is giving the city workers false promises of finding them opportunities for continued part time work within the city of San Jose.
- The city of San Jose is ending the Free Neighborhood Cleanup program !
- This will create more crime in our neighborhoods with blight, illegal dumping and put our citizens at risk!
- The funding for the Neighborhood Cleanup Program comes from the environmental service department from garbage repairs through the city and the tax payers.
- The city of San Jose is ending this Free service of the Neighborhood Cleanup Program to replace it with a 3 item only pick up. No longer allowing you to dump all unwanted rubbish or donate items to Goodwill at one convenient location in your neighborhood.
- "Dumpster Days" hosted by city councilmember offices & volunteers is not working! This program is costing the city thousands of dollars with untrained city staff in safety, traffic control, hazardous waste spill clean up and harmful environmental trash items that go to the dump.
- The new proposed 3 item pick up program is by appointment only. Scheduled pick ups are behind several months, leaving unwanted items and trash piling up in our city!
Help save jobs and our city by signing this petition! Keep San Jose neighborhood cleanup program running!
By signing this petition it will go directly to our city council members. Please tell City Council why it is important to you in keeping this program in our neighborhoods. Let them know how it will impact your neighborhood, if the city shuts down this Free service!
Today: Danielle is counting on you
Danielle Pirslin needs your help with “San Jose Citizens: STOP San Jose Neighborhood Clean Up Program from being Shut Down!”. Join Danielle and 132 supporters today.