This section is background information. To sign the petition, complete your information in the box to the right and click the "SIGN" button.
As proposed, the bulk and size of the proposed One Paseo project will drastically change the lives of Carmel Valley residents. Proposed at three times what the site is planned for, One Paseo will significantly alter the character of this community and cause intolerable traffic congestion along our roads.
We are not against development and we are supportive of a mixed-use project on this site, but one that is appropriate for Carmel Valley. Unfortunately, the developer of One Paseo has ignored our requests for a plan that better fits our community and, instead, continues to push a 1.45-million-square-foot project.
If built as currently proposed, One Paseo would:
* Stand as one of the most dense mixed-use retail projects in California.
* Impose downtown heights on Carmel Valley with two 170-foot buildings along El Camino Real.
* Lengthen our commutes and create dangerous conditions for cyclists and pedestrians with four times the traffic on our roads.
* Destroy our community character by removing trees and greenery to accommodate nine lanes on Del Mar Heights Road.
* Burden our schools and parks with thousands of new residents but no new public facilities.
We are asking decision makers to reject this project and request that a much smaller One Paseo, one that is compatible with our local community, be proposed.
- San Diego City Council
- Petition Organizer
- Project Planner, City of San Diego.
I just signed the following petition addressed to the local Planning Board, the City Planning Commission and the San Diego City Council:
"While we are not against appropriate development, we petition the City of San Diego to DENY the approval of One Paseo (Project 193036) because the project is too big for our suburban community. The project will cause GRIDLOCK, visual blight, and impacts that extend well into the surrounding communities.
The community wants to work with the developer, but, instead of working with us, Kilroy has HIJACKED the planning process, never allowing local input on the bulk and scale of One Paseo.
We feel the process should START OVER to get meaningful input from the community and planning board, as required by the City's General Plan, in order to come up with a mixed use project that fits Carmel Valley."
Ken Farinsky started this petition with a single signature, and now has 3,696 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.