Sale of generic medicines : Every life is precious
This petition had 56 supporters
- We all know that how much it is difficult for us to allocate money towards our or parent's monthly medical expenses. Because a normal BP or Diabetic patient's monthly medicines bill will be around Rs1,000 to Rs2,000. So have you heard about generic medicines which are cheaper that what you buy from branded companies but of same content.?
- WHAT ARE GENERIC MEDICINES ?
- Generic medicines have the same chemical composition as branded medicines are and sold under the chemical name they contain instead of any particular name to them .
- For .eg. Paracetemol ( content of chemical which is used when you have cold ) is a generic medicine wbere as crocin is a branded medicine .
- So obviously generic medicines are very cheap than their branded counterparts . But the problem lies in marketing
- Branded companies MRP usually includes cost of production + advertising cost + middleman expenses . So they heavily lure middleman and doctors to recommend their branded medicines in return providing them higher incentive . Hence most doctors and medical shops refers to sell branded medicines than these generic medicines.
- You have to understand the real business structure of branded medicines in India and how companies ,middleman and doctors are playing with your health and money
- Few people can afford easily but what about poor or whose monthly medicines expenses are so high ?. Either they need to borrow money to survive or they can live without medicine
- Now it is your duty to sign the petition and help the poor peoples and save their lifes because EVERY LIFE IS PRECIOUS.
Today: Priya is counting on you
Priya Gupta needs your help with “Sale of generic medicines : Every life is precious”. Join Priya and 55 supporters today.