SAICA MEMBER FEES MUST FALL
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
As a CA(SA) and a member of SAICA for over 10 years i'm one of a growing number of members that are unhappy with the membership fees and ongoing value add of being a member. The fees keep on increasing each year whilst SAICA has failed to:
1. Failure to protect the CA(SA) brand by not suspending members that have been / are deemed to involved in fraud.
2. Failure to deliver on its strategic objectives and overall inability to delivery e.g. website issues.
3. Run a profitable enterprise despite a growing member base and fee increases of ~7%.
4. Lack of response and accountability when challenged by members.
A public acknowledgement of these failings was done by Lindie Engelbrecht Executive Director of Members and Global Alliances in London on 24 January 2018.
A number of actions are recommended for SAICA to implement:
- Restructure of its executive team (companies don't run on a 17 person Exco)
- Review of its membership structure and fees
- Reimbursement of pro-rata membership fees for the last 3 years
- Public suspension of members involved in Fraud
- Removal of active membership for use of CA(SA) title
- Monthly project status updates to all members on key deliverables
SAICA's failure to take action will result in a growing number of members not paying their fees. If one 1,000 members hold their fees in Escrow then SAICA will face serious cashflow issues.
Today: Willem is counting on you
Willem van Rooy needs your help with “SAICA: SAICA MEMBER FEES MUST FALL”. Join Willem and 16 supporters today.