We the undersigned want the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Council and the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, in assisting Transport for London in reversing the decision to prohibit the turning from Mile End Road into Burdett Road and vice versa. This decision came on the back of a poorly conducted consultation.
In light of the increase in hazard in terms of dangerous driving as well as increase car journeys and hence pollution, such a decision is to the detriment to local residents and should be reversed. Hazards to local residents include the following:
- Longer journeys to the end destination means actually more pollution,
- Dangerous turnings by drivers to avoid that additional 15/20 mins
- More tickets being issued
- More local traffic and congestion on residential streets.
- Increasing air pollution in an area with a number of primary schools