Join Utah Leaders in Opposing Rep. Noel's Quest to Become BLM Director
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Utah State Representative Mike Noel is lobbying to become the next Director of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). He and a group of like-minded politicians are campaigning to position Noel as a legitimate candidate for this post.
The Salt Lake Tribune and this OpEd by Better Utah’s Madison Hayes outline how Mike Noel’s confirmation as BLM Director would spell disaster for our public lands. Among the many reasons Mike Noel would be bad for the BLM and our public lands are these:
- Mike Noel is a staunch opponent of the Federal Government;
- Mike Noel believes that law enforcement on Federal public lands should be taken away from Federal officials and turned over to local sheriffs;
- Mike Noel ardently supported Phil Lyman, the former county commissioner who led an illegal and damaging protest ride through Recapture Canyon;
- Mike Noel is a proponent of Utah’s $14 million wasteful lawsuit to “take back” Federal lands;
- Mike Noel continually demeans and vilifies opponents of his positions;
- Mike Noel’s leadership would have a catastrophic impact on the outdoor recreation industry, an important part of Utah’s economy;
- Mike Noel fails to compromise and allows his personal opinions on matters to override all others;
- Mike Noel’s history of manipulation and conflicts of interest would likely follow him in a higher position of power.
Based on Noel’s beliefs, history, and temperament, we urge the Trump Administration to reject Rep. Mike Noel’s quest to become the next Director of the BLM.
Join the Alliance for a Better Utah, our fellow citizens, business, advocacy and community leaders from around Utah in telling the Trump Administration to oppose Mike Noel’s pursuit to become the next Director of the Bureau of Land Management.
See our letter to the Trump Administration here. The letter is signed and endorsed by, among others, Jan & Bryson Garbett (Garbett Homes), Peter Metcalf (CEO Emeritus, Black Diamond), Nazz Kurth (President, Petzl America), John Sears (President, Gregory Mountain Products), Kevin Boyl (President, KUHL), Pat Shea (Former Director, BLM), Sierra Club, Utah Chapter, Southern Utah Wilderness Association, the Alliance for a Better Utah, Save Our Canyons, Wild Utah Project, Wild Earth Guardians, and Western Values Project.
Today: Better is counting on you
Better Utah needs your help with “Ryan Zinke: Join Utah Leaders in Opposing Rep. Noel's Quest to Become BLM Director”. Join Better and 2,390 supporters today.