We ALL urge you to raise Human rights on behalf of Sikhs, Nagas, Kashmiris, Manipuris, Assams, Tamils, Dalits, Muslims and Christians during Narendra Modi’s UK visit
This petition had 663 supporters
With PM Narendra Modi visiting UK soon, we ALL ask Rt Hon David Cameron to raise Human Rights concerns on behalf of the National Groups and Indian Minorities.
Just some of the Human right violations happening in India are:
- For the National Groups (Sikhs, Nagas, Kashmiris, Manipuris, Assam, Tamil Nadu) India does not allow them to maintain their OWN IDENTITY. India shuts down debate by threatening to charge such peoples with Sedition as defined by Section 124A of the Indian Penal code.
- Oppression of religious and ethnic minorities in India.
- Worsening women’s rights situation in India. While rape is often highlighted, access to decent work, healthcare, education and safety are major concerns for women in India, particularly women from the Dalit community and religious minorities.
- Narendra Modi is alleged to be linked for Gujarat 2002 Massacre of at least 2000 Muslims.
- UN-led inquiry into the 1984 Sikh Genocide.
- Prosecution of police officers involved in Human Rights violations.
- Justice for the Sikh Genocide of November 1984.
- Unreturned rare and priceless items stolen by the Indian Army in June 1984 from the Sikh Reference Library.
- Compensation for Sikh farmers in Gujarat forced to leave and prosecution of those responsible for violent attack against them.
- Application for self-determination to the Sikhs.
- Recent attacks on the Sikh faith and killing of peaceful Sikh protesters.
- Release of ALL Political Prisoners
- Kashmir is the world's Largest Militarised Zone. Over 100,000 Kashmiris killed, tens of thousands men and women in prison without trial and Over 30,000 youths torture in jail.
Stop forthwith ongoing genocide of Innocent Kashmiris
Need for "demilitarisation" and unification of Jammu and Kashsmir
Secure the earliest holding of Plebiscite within the terms of UN Resolution of 13th August 1948.
Immediate return of the remains of Martyrs Maqbool Butt (held captive since 11th February 1984) and Afzal Guru (since 9th February 2013). Both have been buried in Tihar Jail and their families have been denied the return of their bodies.
The "Armed Forces Special Powers Act", (AFSPA) which grants blanket impunity for human rights abuses. The AFSPA grants the military wide powers of arrest, the right to shoot to kill, and to occupy or destroy property in counterinsurgency operations.
- To repeal the Public Safety Act, which provides that "a detainee may be held in administrative detention for a maximum of two years without a court order"
Human Rights concerns for Indian Minorities is an important matter for many people around the globe and for too long a blind eye has been turned on the injustices suffered by these Groups.
There are a growing number of MPs whose support this initiative but your voice is the one that is likely to have the greatest impact.
Thank you for raising your voice for millions of people who does not have a voice.
Our voices can change the world. WE ARE ALL ONE.
Today: M is counting on you
M G needs your help with “Rt Hon David Cameron MP: We ALL urged you to raise Human rights concerns on behalf of the National Groups and Indian Minorities on Narendra Modi UK visit”. Join M and 662 supporters today.