ADAMS COUNTY RESIDENT PETITION REGARDING THE PROPOSED ADAMS COUNTY HUMAN SERVICES BUILDING
This petition had 124 supporters
ADAMS COUNTY RESIDENT PETITION REGARDING THE PROPOSED “ADAMS COUNTY HUMAN SERVICES BUILDING"
We, the undersigned, petition the Adams County Commissioners to be more responsive to the concerns of the citizens they were elected to represent.
Adams County currently houses the Offices of Operational Services, Domestic Relations, Probation Services, and Children and Youth Services within the Adams County Courthouse, as well as in two leased properties on Baltimore Street in the Borough of Gettysburg, the Adams County Seat. Due to overcrowding in these offices and, more recently, an interest in including York Adams Mental Health for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (MH-IDD), the Court elected to relocate. An appointed committee of residents investigated possibilities for relocation and presented their findings in March 2014. Since then, the Commissioners have substantially modified the scope, size, and location of the project several times, with no further participation, review, or input by the committee or Adams County residents. Commissioners are reluctant to discuss this modified $8.3 million project in a public meeting, and they are ready to enter into a binding agreement at any moment.
1) We believe that the relocation of four county offices and 130 or more employees is too complicated and too important to be decided by only four people (the Adams County Commissioners and the Adams County Solicitor). It is inappropriate that the process is carried out entirely behind closed doors (the Commissioners and Solicitor are citing the “Executive Session” privilege involving real estate). There is in fact much more to consider than simply real estate transactions.
2) We believe that the Commissioners should schedule a public meeting in the immediate future to explain their proposals and take input.
3) We believe that the Commissioners should allow residents to engage them in dialogue at a public meeting. Public input is vital.
4) We believe that the relocation of over 130 employees, along with hundreds of their daily clients and other professionals who work with them, will cause substantial issues which have not been thoroughly considered. We would like all the potential implications to be discussed and considered in public.
6) We believe that maintaining and fully utilizing properties currently owned by Adams County, and full consideration of the recently offered Spectra-Kote property, should be the first priority, before signing agreements to lease or buy additional properties
Today: Carol is counting on you
Carol Rebert needs your help with “email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com: ADAMS COUNTY RESIDENT PETITION REGARDING THE PROPOSED ADAMS COUNTY HUMAN SERVICES BUILDING”. Join Carol and 123 supporters today.