We the Muslim Ummah, DEMAND the preservation of Islamic historical sites
This petition had 198 supporters
Salamun Alaykum (Peace be upon you)
First of all, thank you for signing the petition.
You may have noticed that our aim is 1,000,000 signatures. I would like to humbly request you all to message on facebook or email at least 10 Muslim friends personally about this petition and explain very briefly in your own words why this is important. And then ask them to sign and do the same (forward to at least 10 people personally).
Why do we need so many signatures? Because at this point in time, the Saudi government could not care less about opposing views and we need to show them just how many people are concerned thus pressuring them to have second thoughts.
How disgraceful would it be if the mosque of the prophet is attacked and we did not do enough?
We can multiply our numbers if we all contribute. I pray to Allah (swt) to grant us success and success to every individual who assists in this cause.
O Muslims! Do you want your children to know where the Prophet (saww), his family and his companions are buried? Do you want to pray where the prophet (saww), his family and his companions prayed? Do you want to see the place where the Prophet (saww) first preached Islam to mankind? Then go on and read this petition, sign it and spread it far and wide…
It is a great atrocity and a blow to the entire Muslim Ummah that the royalty (Al Saud family) and government of Saudi Arabia, along with the backing from the head religious family in Saudi Arabia (Aal-ash Sheikh family) have in the past decade destroyed nearly 95% of Islamic heritage and holy sites in Saudi Arabia (Statistic provided by the Gulf Institute).
The pilgrimage to Mecca, a pillar of Islamic faith, has a rich beauty in that it portrays the brotherhood and equality as taught by Islam. Yet, Mecca has been transformed into "Vegas" with huge buildings and 5 star hotels towering over the humble Ka'aba. The rich enjoy these furnished 5 star hotels while the poor have their houses destroyed for expansion!
Historical landmarks have been destroyed! Why? Only to build public toilets and 5 star hotels!
Governments are cowardly but what is the duty of us, every one of us, as individuals? Are we not supposed to be the protectors of Mecca and Medina?
O Muslims! Wake up and learn about all the sites destroyed by Saudi Arabia, including:
1. The house where our beloved prophet was born now lies under a rundown building.
2. The house of Bibi Khadija is now a public toilet.
3. The house of the prophet in Madina has been destroyed.
4. The grave of Amina bint Wahb, the prophet’s mother was bulldozed and set alight in 1998. Set alight! What would you do if this happened to your mother's grave? This is the grave of the mother of the seal of prophets!
5. Dar al Arqam, the first Islamic school where Muhammad (SAWW) taught. It now lies under the extension of the Masjid Al Nabawi of Madina.
6. Qubbat’ al-Thanaya, the burial site of Muhammad's incisor that was broken in the Battle of Uhud.
7. Mashrubat Umm Ibrahim, built to mark the location of the house where the prophet’s son, Ibrahim, was born to Mariah.
8. Dome which served as a canopy over the Well of Zamzam.
9. Bayt al-Ahzan of Sayyida Fatima, in Medina.
10. House of Ja'far al-Sadiq, in Medina.
11. Mahhalla complex of Banu Hashim, in Medina.
12. House of Ali where Hassan and Husain were born.
13. The mosque at the grave of Sayyid al-Shuhada’ Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib.
14. The Mosque of Fatima Zahra, daughter of the prophet.
15. The Mosque of al-Manaratain.
16. Mosque and tomb of Sayyid al-Uraidhi ibn Ja‘far al-Sadiq, destroyed by dynamite on August 13, 2002.
17. Four mosques at the site of the Battle of the Trench in Medina.
18. The Mosque of Abu Rasheed.
19. Salman al-Farsi Mosque, in Medina.
20. Raj'at ash-Shams Mosque, in Medina.
21. Jannat al-Baqi in Medina completely leveled.
22. Jannat al-Mu'alla, the ancient cemetery at Mecca.
23. Grave of Hamida al-Barbariyya.
24. Graves of Banu Hashim in Mecca.
25. Tombs of Hamza and other martyrs were demolished at Uhud.
26. Tomb of Eve in Jeddah, sealed with concrete in 1975.
27. Grave of the father of Muhammad, in Medina.
And many more…
O Muslims! Only 5% of Islamic heritage remains and is currently under threat. We must act now to stop this or everything will be lost! Even Masjid an Nabawi, the mosque of the prophet himself is under threat! It is in our hands to do all that we can to prevent this from happening. Take a stand and have your voices heard!
Today: Hasanain is counting on you
Hasanain Khatau needs your help with “Royalty, Government & Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia: We the Muslim Ummah, DEMAND the preservation of Islamic historical sites”. Join Hasanain and 197 supporters today.