Reject the Meyer Homes planning application Incl the 27-storey tower in front of Tesco
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We the undersigned call on the Royal Borough of Greenwich planning board to reject the Meyer Homes' planning application.
Meyer Homes have submitted plans to develop 804 residential flats which are situated behind and in front of Tesco's in Woolwich, known as Woolwich Central phase 3 and 4
- A 27-storey tower which surpasses the council's recommended height restriction of 15 storeys to protect the surrounding listed buildings
- 206 flats for private sale
- Out of the 206 flats, none are being allocated for "affordable" or social rented housing
- Several residential towers behind Tesco from 9 to 16 storeys high
- 598 residential flats
- Out of the 598 flats, 161 flats fall into the bracket of so-called "affordable" housing aimed at middle-income households
- The 161 flats consist of 112 flats at London Living Rent ( just under £1000 per month) and 49 flats at Discounted Market Sale - none of these are at social rent for low-income households
Our local MP Matthew Pennycook has already made clear his strong objection to this scheme:
“In a world where capital investment in housing has been slashed and viability assessments reign supreme, planning decisions are never easy but in my view, this one is clear cut. The Council’s Planning Board should refuse the application outright and tell Meyer Homes to go away and come back with an improved scheme”.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has over 16,000+ residents on the council housing waiting list and 3,000 in overcrowded accommodation. We need housing that works for everyone. The Meyer Homes’ plan, unfortunately, falls very short of achieving this. If built, the development will be at the expense of low-income households in the borough and would accommodate very few middle-income households.
There will be no homes for social rent and only 20% of the total will be so-called "affordable" homes.It will primarily benefit speculators and investors.
Speak Out Woolwich is a local residents' group which wants to see the best for the local community in Woolwich and a real commitment to social housing in the borough. We are leading the objection to the Meyer Homes' planning application and need your support.
For better housing in the Royal Borough of Greenwich support our campaign.
Sign the petition now and object to the 17/2812/F planning application submitted by Meyer Homes'.
Email email@example.com to join Speak Out Woolwich and for us to represent your objection to the council
Like our Facebook page
Today: Speak Out Woolwich is counting on you
Speak Out Woolwich needs your help with “Royal Borough of Greenwich: Reject the Meyer Homes planning application which incl a 27-storey tower in front of Tesco”. Join Speak Out Woolwich and 1,658 supporters today.