We Need Guaranteed Housing in NC During the COVID-19 Pandemic
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
At this critical moment in history, we need our leaders to implement an aggressive health equity policy to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure every resident of North Carolina is able to achieve their best possible health outcome during this crisis.
THIS CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED IF NORTH CAROLINA GUARANTEES HOUSING FOR THE DURATION OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
It's not possible to practice social distancing and reduce the magnitude of the public health crisis unless everyone is safely and humanely housed. We shouldn’t wait for unhoused individuals to display symptoms of COVID-19 before securing safe housing for them. Doing so only ensures the wider spread of a virus that is twice as contagious as the seasonal flu and ten times more deadly.
Read this document:
Sign your name to let our leaders know we need these policies now:
- Complete and Unconditional Moratorium on Evictions and Foreclosures
- Guaranteed Housing for All People Residing in NC During the Outbreak
- Stop Criminalizing Houselessness and Provide Safe Alternatives to Jails and Correctional Facilities
- Direct and Immediate Economic Relief for the Homeless, Housing Unstable, Unemployed and Working Poor to Prevent a Rise in Homelessness During or After the Pandemic
- Public WiFi Access Made Available for the Duration of the Pandemic Crisis
- Guarantee Access to Nutrition, Health Care and Any Public Benefits
- Extend the Census Through 2021. Ensure that the Right to Vote and Access to the Ballot is Not Denied to Any Resident
#NeedAHome2StayAtHome #COVID19 #GuaranteedHousingNC
Today: Housing Justice is counting on you
Housing Justice Coalition needs your help with “Roy Cooper: We Need Guaranteed Housing in NC During the COVID-19 Pandemic”. Join Housing Justice and 2,262 supporters today.