Support the new Science/Engineering building in DHS, Dublin High School. Urgent!!!
This petition had 654 supporters
Dublin High School is in urgent need of a new Science/Engineering Building. The proposal was in place with clear data from the school board that it will meet the needs of current and incoming students before the new high school is built. Unfortunately, it might be cancelled due to some parents' petition. If you have students who are freshman or sophomore at Dublin High or incoming students in the next few years, please join me to support the building. Here are some facts about the current situation as presented by one of the Biomed teachers at DHS:
1) Students will not be able to take 2 Science classes in their junior and senior years due to classroom shortage.
2) Only half the applicants to Biomed Academy are being accepted due to classroom shortage
3) Portables will take open spaces away and all PE and athletes would suffer
4) Measure H had 3 areas for money - possibly new h.s., modernization of existing schools, and science labs at m.s. and h.s. we only need 10 million of the 253 million for our new building (the other 25 million coming from Measure E for Engineering)
4) New high school will not be up until 2020 and can be later. No school site has been finalized yet.
5) Demographer projects even after another high school opened, DHS numbers will remain at 2500-3000. Currently, we are at 2540 and unable to accommodate students Science desires.
The intention of this petition is to bring back the issue and open up chances for better solution to meet the needs of all. Meeting the need of students who are entering high school after the 2nd high school is built doesn't have to sacrifice the current students and students who are incoming before the 2nd high school is built.
Please think of the students whom you are denying the building before you make a decision. Bond H that we voted for includes the modernization of existing schools including labs.
Please sign this petition and if possible show up at 6:30pm next Tuesday Feb 28 at the school district office at 7471 Larkdale Ave. (Come even if you are late)
Today: Nora is counting on you
Nora SooHoo needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: Support the new Science/Engineer building in DHS, Dublin High School.”. Join Nora and 653 supporters today.