Florida Restaurant Employee Relief Petition
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
We are writing to you as a group of independent restaurant owners and chefs who work tirelessly to make South Florida a vibrant dining scene and global destination. The safety and wellbeing of our dedicated staff is our utmost priority and we are thankful for the support they have continued to show us during this trying and uncertain time.
Few workers in Florida are more vulnerable than restaurant employees. Without the help and decisive action from our government, our industry will not survive on 50% capacity restrictions or simply on take-out and delivery, which Miami-Dade County has already mandated.
We must call upon you today to announce immediately what you plan to do for our workers and for our small businesses. Some immediate recommendations include:
- Call for immediate support for emergency unemployment benefits to all hourly and salaried workers.
- Call for rent and loan abatement for all workers impacted during this crisis.
- Call for temporary elimination of payroll taxes
- Call for waiver of sales taxes currently due
- Call for any additional relief the state is willing to provide to those hourly and salaried employees impacted
Governor, we thank you for your leadership today and we are counting on you to help the restaurant workers of South Florida. We elected you and we need you now more than ever. Show us how someone in a decisive leadership role such as yours, with the power to make impactful decisions, will support our people during this crisis.
The Restaurant Owners and Chefs of South Florida
Today: Sasa is counting on you
Sasa Perisic needs your help with “Ron DeSantis: Florida Restaurant Employee Relief Petition”. Join Sasa and 23,365 supporters today.