Homelessness in Melbourne is gettin' out of hand! Let's do our bit...
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The situation of growing homelessness in Melbourne, particularly the CBD, is disturbing to say the least. From the inner cities all the way into rural suburbs, the government have removed necessities from the homeless rather than helping. Our cause is to open the Victorian Government's eyes on the seriousness of this situation; to properly recognise the effects homelessness is having to the mental and physical health of our ignored Australian Citizens and the community at large.
We call upon the Government to act:
- Solve the housing affordability crisis for the long-term
- Facilitate pathways to help the homeless and those at risk to get jobs and keep them
- Provide greater support services such as temporary housing and mental health services
- Focus government energy and resources on the broader picture, such as family support services, so as to prevent homelessness
- Call on local communities to provide food, clothing, sanitary products and support - we are an abundant nation where no one needs to go without.
We all need to ask ourselves, how has the problem of homelessness reached crisis point in such a short time? We all need to stand up, do our bit and solve this problem, now!
We never dreamed Melbourne would come to this and we need to fix it.
How can you help?
First of all, sign this petition to give pressure to Daniel Andrews, Robert Doyle and their Governments to make solid changes and efforts to end the issue of homelessness once and for all.
Secondly, share and promote this petition on social media calling for action on the homelessness crisis.
Last but not least, open your heart & your mind; get rid of the fear, stigma and stereotyping. Get involved in your local community and do your bit to tackle homelessness head on!
Today: Aishah is counting on you
Aishah Sheikh needs your help with “Robert Doyle: Homelessness in Melbourne is gettin' out of hand! Let's do our bit...”. Join Aishah and 11 supporters today.