NO GUNS IN OUR SCHOOLS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
SEND THE MESSAGE TO OUR SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
KEEP GUNS OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS
Some Long Island, NY school districts are already arming school security personnel. While we understand that this move is coming from a place of concern and fear for the safety of our children, we urge you to keep guns out of our schools.
Research shows that schools are NOT made safer by the addition of firearms, but by:
- building a climate of mutual trust between staff and students;
- having secure facilities and visitor protocols;
- educating adults and children about recognizing and reporting at-risk behaviors;
- making emotional well-being integral to the curriculum;
- having knowledgeable, experienced and responsive mental health professionals on staff
WE THE UNDERSIGNED ASK THAT YOU:
- Reject the arming of any school personnel
- Research and adopt a comprehensive and systematic approach to school safety
- Support sensible gun-safety legislation
Today: No Guns In Our Schools LI is counting on you
No Guns In Our Schools LI needs your help with “Robert Banzer - Superintendent Northport/East Northport School District: NO GUNS IN OUR SCHOOLS”. Join No Guns In Our Schools LI and 338 supporters today.