- Robbie GibbEditor of Daily and Sunday Politics, BBC
- Andrew NeilPresenter of Daily and Sunday Politics, BBC
- Charlotte MooreDirector of Content and Controller of BBC One, BBC
Come on BBC, not again! Be fair and #InviteTheGreens
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000.
The BBC has decided that UKIP, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems are to get stand-alone prime-time interviews for this General Election, whilst the Greens will only be allowed to feature on crowded 7-way shared platforms.
According to Robbie Gibb, the Editor of the BBC's Daily and Sunday Politics, Andrew Neil will be doing prime-time interviews with each leader at 7pm on BBC One as follows:
- Monday May 22nd, Theresa May, Conservatives
- Tuesday May 23rd, Paul Nuttall, UKIP
- Wednesday May 24th, Tim Farron, Liberal Democrats
- Thursday May 25th, Nicola Sturgeon, SNP
- Friday May 26th, Jeremy Corbyn, Labour
- Date TBC, Leanne Wood, Plaid Cymru (BBC One in Wales)
Yet again, the BBC is ignoring the Green Party and giving undue representation to UKIP.
The BBC have a duty of impartiality and are supposed to base this on past and present levels of support. And as the local elections showed last week, support for UKIP has collapsed.
Just to recap:
- UKIP now have 0 seats to defend in this election
- UKIP lost all but one county councillor in the recent local elections
- The Greens increased their share of the vote at local elections on May 4th and overtook UKIP in the popular vote
It is farcical for the BBC to invite Paul Nuttall of UKIP to do a formal interview with Andrew Neil during prime-time on BBC One if they don't also invite the Green Party co-leaders – Caroline Lucas and/or Jonathan Bartley.
Please sign this petition if you believe the BBC should give fair coverage to the political parties involved in the upcoming General Election.
- Editor of Daily and Sunday Politics, BBC
- Presenter of Daily and Sunday Politics, BBC
- Director of Content and Controller of BBC One, BBC
Invite the Green Party co-leaders for an interview with Andrew Neil on BBC One
Jack Lenox started this petition with a single signature, and now has 24,452 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Phil is counting on you
Phil Abel needs your help with “Robbie Gibb: Invite the Green Party co-leaders for an interview with Andrew Neil on BBC One”. Join Phil and 24,451 supporters today.