Stop the Riversfield Development
This petition had 183 supporters
The planned Riversfield Development will be going Huntingdonshire's Development Management Committee meeting soon - possibly on March 20th.
Carol McMahon from your local Liberal Democrat team would like to present a petition to the meeting opposing the development. Our grounds for opposing the plans are as follows:
1. So far the site has planning permission for light industry only.
2. There are insufficient school places in Little Paxton.
3. There is no nursery/day care provision in Little Paxton for working parents.
4. The development is going to be built on a flood plain. The front doors of the houses will be slightly raised but the car parks will be susceptible to flooding.
5. The design of the car parking is wrong. It will impede refuse collection and emergency vehicles from getting around the housing estate.
6. It will put more traffic on the dangerous A1 slip roads especially when Mill Lane is closed due to flooding and the A1 is then the only way to leave or enter Little Paxton.
7. The junction of Great North Road/Mill Lane is already congested and a development of this size will be detrimental to highways safety due to the increased traffic turning to accessing the A1 (north and south), Little Paxton and St Neots.
Please show your support to reject this development by signing this petition.
Today: James is counting on you
James Bartrick needs your help with “Riversfield”. Join James and 182 supporters today.