Support a well-funded, multi-year surface transportation bill that provides robust transportation growth.
I strongly urge the U.S. Congress, to enact a new multi-year authorization bill that provides dedicated funding for the Highway Trust Fund, to pay for the current federal transit program and the growth of that program for transit and highway infrastructure needs.
- Connecticut transportation infrastructure and services will be at risk if there is no federal funding.
- There is uncertainty in planning transportation projects without long-term infrastructure funding commitment.
- The economic benefit that comes with infrastructure investment is indisputable. For every $1 invested, there is $4 in economic benefits.
- Enable a state of good repair;
- Maintaining the existing system and doing normal replacement of aging buses, rail cars, and facilities;
- Expanding public transportation facilities in growing communities;
- Maintaining our aging roads and bridges;
- Public transportation provides much needed mobility.
While passenger fares, combined with state and local funding, pay for the majority of public transit expenditures each year, federal spending is a critical part of paying for capital and operating expenses at public transportation systems nationally.
This Petition is Sponsored by the following organizations:
Connecticut Association for Community Transportation (CACT)
Connecticut Construction Industries Association (CCIA)
Connecticut Fund for the Environment (CFE)
Transit for Connecticut Coalition (TFC)
Support a well-funded, multi-year, federal surface transportation bill
that provides for robust transportation growth.
Connecticut Constrution Industries Association started this petition with a single signature. There is something we all care about. Start a petition today to create the change you want to see.
Today: Connecticut Constrution Industries Association is counting on you
Connecticut Constrution Industries Association needs your help with “Richard Blumenthal, Chris Murphy, Jim Himes, Rosa DeLauro, John Larson, Joe Courtney, Elizabeth Esty: Support a well-funded, multi-year surface transportation bill that provides robust transportation growth.”. Join Connecticut Constrution Industries Association and 0 supporters today.