Don’t Forget the Merchant Marine WWII when Honoring Veterans
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Forgotten Veterans: Contributions of Merchant Marines are often overlooked at Veterans Day tributes, Memorial Day and completely ignored by the NFL, MLB, NHL and more! They are not civilian veterans as many believe.
- Due to strategic reasons, the deadly job of the combat veterans Merchant Marine of WWII were kept quiet by the government.
- Historians are now realizing the depth of their role in winning WWII.
- Veterans Day leaves the remaining MMWWII standing after military songs are played for all other branches. Band masters are not required to play "Heave Ho" the official song of the USMM.
- FDR declared that he wanted the Merchant Marine declared another Armed Forces but died before he could do this.
- A 6th grader cried when his grandfather who came to school with him to be honored on a Veterans Day program but was not recognized.
We must demand that at all Veterans Day events and celebrations, tributes and memorials that the US Merchant Marine flag be flown and music played for these Veterans before it is too late! If our government won't remember them...IT IS UP TO US! We must stop this insanity and recognize the Merchant Marine of WWII who have DD214 (Honorable Discharge) just like every other member of the Armed Forces. Stand up and be counted as someone who proudly defend the Honor of the Merchant Marine of WWII. Let no MMWWII Veteran remain standing waiting for his song to be played!
Today: Sheila M. is counting on you
Sheila M. Sova needs your help with “Representative Jeff Duncan: Don’t Forget the Merchant Marine WWII when Honoring Veterans”. Join Sheila M. and 221 supporters today.