Repeal the New Water & Sewage Rates (Ordinance 17-22) - Seaside Heights, NJ
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The residents and property owners of Seaside Heights are petitioning for a repeal of Ordinance 17-22, which has imposed new fees that are crippling current homeowners and business owners.
Seaside Heights' new water fees have led to an 803% increase on some bills.
WATER SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED A PREMIUM.
The Borough has imposed new:
1. MONTHLY BILLS, instead of quarterly
2. Bills calculated PER UNIT, rather than PER PROPERTY
3. MONTHLY FACILITY FEES for simply owning property (essentially it's another property tax disguised as a water fee)
4. ADDITIONAL RATE HIKES for 2019
This Ordinance is crippling the current residents of Seaside Heights and will:
1. Drive out lower-income residents
- Lower income residents likely will not be able to afford this new burden on their monthly budget. This will make them pack up and MOVE OUT.
- The Mayor and the Council should be aware that our residents are still financially recovering after having to rebuild from Hurricane Sandy. Some homeowners are still in the rebuilding and construction phase.
- Seaside is indirectly targeting its financially-strapped residents to DRIVE THEM OUT. The Borough's hope is to drive in new and wealthier property owners and taxpayers to help combat the Borough's deficit, which was caused by poor fiscal management.
2. Close up small businesses
- With already high costs such as rent, workers' wages, and taxes, the last thing small business owners can afford is a large increase in their utilities.
- Something as basic as water should not be charged a premium.
3. Decrease property values
- The less money homeowners have in their pockets, the less money we're going to put into our homes.
- This will lead to more homes on the market at a lower price and a decrease in Seaside's curb appeal.
WE SIGN THIS PETITION TO TELL THE SEASIDE HEIGHTS OFFICIALS THAT WATER IS NOT A LUXURY.
After signing, visit us for STEP 2 at SeasideWater.com
If you wish to contact the Mayor or any of the Council Members, find their contact information below:
Borough Hall Phone Number: 732-793-9100
Mayor Anthony E. Vaz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Carbone - Council President (Finance Subcommittee)
- Louis DiGuilio (Enterprise Subcommittee - Water & Sewer)
- Agnes Polhemus (Enterprise Subcommittee - Water & Sewer)
- Harry Smith (Enterprise Subcommittee - Water & Sewer)
- Richard Tompkins (Finance Subcommittee)
- Victoria Graichen
Borough Administrator Christopher J. Vaz: 732-212-6806 and email@example.com
Borough Clerk Diane Stabley: 732-212-6813 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Today: Iconaria is counting on you
Iconaria needs your help with “Repeal It: Water Rates in Seaside Heights have Increased by 400%+ SeasideWater.com”. Join Iconaria and 304 supporters today.