Repair corporation road to reduce sewage lorry congestion near schools
This petition had 606 supporters
WHO ARE ITS RESIDENTS
Corporation road in perungudi is home to a lot of families, BVM Global school and another international school that is being built.
WHO USES THIS ROAD
- Parents dropping and picking up kids at the schools on this road
- Students walking to school
- Residents living in the multiple apartments on this road
- The various lorry workshops that park their lorries in any empty spots
- The various food vendors for these lorry drivers
- Drunk drivers driving sewage lorries that drop off sewage at the perungudi treatment plant
- Corporation dump trucks that drop off garbage at the perungudi dump
2 years ago this road was dug up in the name of relaying water and drainage lines. This started on one side of the road, along the entire length of the road from OMR. When the work was completed, it was not covered back up properly. This resulted in all sewage lorry traffic avoiding the side of the road and moving to the center of the road.
This resulted in all traffic moving closer to the school. In the last 6 months, again in the name of drain cleanup, the road was further dug up. What was a 100-120 ft road was now reduced to 50-60 ft.
To top it off, the 50-60 ft road that is being used has a lot of potholes that result in lorries wobbling dangerously close to school going kids and two wheelers. It regularly spills sewage water
Close to the school, a fault manhole continuously leaks sewage water from the drains onto the street near the school.
Multiple calls to the corporation Zone 14 offices have not resulted in any action.
- Chennai corporation needs to repave this road
- It needs to close all man holes properly to prevent leaks
- It needs to either vacate the lorry workshops or prevent them from parking illegally on the roads.
All sewage lorry traffic needs to move to one side of the road and not block all traffic.
Please help in requesting corporation officials take action.
Today: Saravanan is counting on you
Saravanan Saravanan needs your help with “Repair corporation road to reduce sewage lorry congestion near schools”. Join Saravanan and 605 supporters today.