The 37th district demands bold climate action now!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We the citizens of the WA 37th legislative district are urging our state representatives to support strong climate legislation this upcoming session by sponsoring the following proposals:
1. A 100% renewable electric energy standard for WA State by 2025.
2. Setting WA state carbon dioxide reduction goals aligned to reduce CO2 concentrations to 350 parts per million (ppm) by 2100, in line with HB 1372 that was introduced during the 2017 session.
3. Establishing a Climate Test for major new fossil fuel infrastructure projects. The Oregon State Legislature introduced such a bill in their 2017 session.
4. An equitable Carbon Tax that ensures an equitable transition to a clean energy economy by investing the tax revenue to help communities hit hardest by pollution, similar to HB 1646 that was introduced during the 2017 session.
5. We are also urging our representatives to issue a statement in support of the Puyallup Tribe who oppose the proposed Puget Sound Energy Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility at the Port of Tacoma. The Tribe was not meaningfully consulted and the LNG facility would endanger tribal fishing rights. The Puyallup Tribe has filed legal appeals to various permits and has issued several agencies with a request for immediate action to stop all construction.
Today: WA 37th Climate Action Team is counting on you
WA 37th Climate Action Team needs your help with “REP. ERIC PETTIGREW, REP. SHARON TOMIKO-SANTOS, AND SENATOR REBECCA SALDANA: The 37th district demands bold climate action now!”. Join WA 37th Climate Action Team and 41 supporters today.