Regulating Marijuana Dispensaries in Sooke
This petition had 61 supporters
The purpose of the petition:
- The City of Victoria is actively working on regulating the operation of medical marijuana-related businesses. Most of current 35 dispensaries will be forced out of Victoria and they will be looking for a new home.
- Our mayor is not looking into implementing similar Bylaw but will consider public input.
- We already have three marijuana dispensaries, Sooke does not need more.
Protect our community! Request Maya Tait and Sooke Councillors to plan ahead and implement similar Bylaw!
The list of some, not all, proposed regulations:
- no consumption on premises
- no individuals under 19 years old are allowed on promises
- no tinted windows
- hours of operations from 7am to 8pm
- at least 200 meters from schools, daycares and other dispensaries
Please see below link for more details: http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/city/current-initiatives/regulating-medical-marijuana-related-businesses-in-victoria.html
Still in doubt? Please answer these questions:
- Do we really have so many "patients" with doctor's prescriptions for medical marijuana that we need more dispensaries than pharmacies and grocery stores?
- Can you name 5 parents that say "It is fantastic that we have all these dispensaries around!"?
- Why some dispensaries are open until 11pm?
- Do you think 2 dispensaries close to Route 14 will never ever be competing against each other to get new "patients"?
Just to be clear, we are NOT lobbying against the medical marijuana, just asking to regulate it.
Please sign and share! Let your voice to be heard! Thank you so much for your support!
Today: N is counting on you
N A needs your help with “Regulating Marijuana Dispensaries in Sooke”. Join N and 60 supporters today.