Spreading Refugee Awareness
This petition had 52 supporters
THERE ARE NO PROVEN STATISTICS OR FACTS VALIDATING THE MISCONCEPTION THAT SYRIAN REFUGEES ARE A TERRORISTIC THREAT TO AMERICA.
BUT SINCE THE FEAR OF TERRORISM HAS BEEN INGRAINED IN AMERICANS, HERE ARE A FEW FACTS TO DETER YOUR FEAR.
Terrorists pose a very small threat to Americans:
- From 1975-2015 3,024 Americans died from foreign-born terrorism.
- 2,983 of these individuals were victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Since 9/11, foreign-born terrorists have killed one American per year.
Causes of Death:
- Heart Disease 1 in 7
- Cancer 1 in 7
- Suicide 1 in 98
- Foreign-born terrorists (all forms) 1 in 45,808
- Refugee Terrorists 1 in 46,192,893
- Illegal Immigrant terrorists 1 in 138,324,873
- Visa Waiver Program entrant 0 in 1
AMERICANS ARE MORE LIKELY TO WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT
Sources: National Safety Council; National Center for Health Statistics; Alex Nowrasteh/ Cato Institute; Stephen A. Nelson/ Tulane University; "Natural Disasters"/ Patrick L. Abbott
Today: Done is counting on you
Done Done needs your help with “Refugee Advocates: Spreading Refugee Awareness”. Join Done and 51 supporters today.