Reduce Jet Noise for All
This petition had 414 supporters
Over the last two years, communities in Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Cupertino, Palo Alto and adjacent neighborhoods have experienced a significant increase in airplane noise over our homes.
We seek representation: Decisions have been made, and are being considered, that impact our well-being. The time to act is now as air traffic is expected to increase at both San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and San Jose International Airport over the coming years.
We request that the FAA, local airports and our elected officials rapidly develop and implement solutions that reduce flight noise for all instead of solutions that benefit some at the expense of others. People must be able to make important decisions like where to live and where to buy a home without fear that a flight path will be moved over them. Additionally, we petition for:
- Ongoing representation in a committee chartered to address SFO airplane noise to insure our communities return to pre-2014 or better levels of noise.
- Creation of a San Jose International Airport roundtable to address the noise impact of San Jose International Airport, including the increase in noise after NextGen for reverse-flow operations.
- Representation to address the recent increase in noise due to Surf Air operations at San Carlos Airport.
- The allocation of time and resources by the City Councils of our communities to address airplane noise.
- The adoption of measures that encourage airlines to fly quietly.
We ask that our elected officials, the airports and the FAA address the recent increase in noise and work together on an ongoing basis to reduce airplane noise in our communities. The interests of airlines and airports must be balanced by the interests of the communities they affect.
We ask for your help as this is impacting the quality of our lives.
Today: Bay Area Jet Noise is counting on you
Bay Area Jet Noise needs your help with “Reduce Jet Noise for All”. Join Bay Area Jet Noise and 413 supporters today.