To start the FIRST ever Wrestling Team at Conestoga College
This petition had 67 supporters
Our goal is to establish the first wrestling at a college in Ontario.
Wrestling is an Olympic Sport, as students at this particular college we believe that choosing an education pathway should not stop our passion for sports specifically wrestling.
It is an individual sport that requires self-discipline but at the end of the day when we're done a tournament we have our team members.
Definition of Wrestling
the sport or activity of grappling with an opponent and trying to throw or hold them down on the ground, typically according to a code of rules.
Many great athletes from high school go to college because of the atmosphere and programs that are not offered in universities. Their decisions should not be limited because of where they choose to pursue education.
Why have wrestling at college?
- It brings business to our community by attracting people to come to our school
- It helps International students socialize with Canadian students
- College now offers Bachelor degrees and soon to come is a Master's degree
- Wrestling is becoming more popular with this generation
- Girls are joining which is a huge remark because wrestling is known to be a boys sport
- It helps your mental health especially your self esteem and self-worth.
- From the OAWA (Ontario amateur wrestling association), wrestling teaches skills, courage, perseverance, and a sense of fair play and respect for rules. Promotes the development of good citizenship, mental and physical well-being. Code and ethics are a huge play in wrestling.
- In wrestling Honesty is the best policy.
Conestoga's slogan is "It starts here". Let's create a pathway for colleges in Ontario to have a Wrestling Association specifically for Colleges. We want the same opportunities given to the universities.
Today: Kate is counting on you
Kate Phanpha needs your help with “Recreation Coordinator: To start the first ever Wrestling Team at Conestoga College”. Join Kate and 66 supporters today.