Request for closure of Housing Loan in the name of Late Vimala George
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Dated. 15-04 -2017
Raun Joseph George Nedumpara House, Pala Road Thodupuzha -685584 Housing Loan Account No. 43O4OSO29181 - A/C. Vimala George.
Dear Sir. Sub: Closure of Housing Loan in the name of late Mrs. Vimala George. Request to enable closure of the loan
I am the son of late Mrs. Vimala George and the present owner of the apartment bequeathed by her for which the housing loan was availed. I want to close the loan as ' quickly as possible. Here under is the gist of the matter.
1. The H/L for Rs. 18.75 lakhs was taken over by SCB in March 2OO4.
2. Vimala George died on 25, 9.2oo8. Notice of death intimated in Sept. 2008.
3. EMI was served regularly till the death of Vimala George.
4. Even after death EMI was served till August 2009 from the Home Saver a/c of Vimala George.
5.As I am the son and owner of the apartment, request was made to change/ transfer the account to me name. But nothing happened.
6. Hence I could not remit any further money to the account and EMI were not served.
7. As the Bank is not co-operating and I wished to close the loan, I approached Debt Recovery Tribunal which passed an’ order an 3O.4.2O13 restricting the bank to adopt any coercive steps and directing the bank to receive EMI from me from date and a further sum of Rs. 5.00 lakhs for the period lapsed. Accordingly I remitted Rs. 2.OO lakhs on IOl4l13 and Rs. 3.00 lakhs on26.4.13.
8. I have been making EMI remittances from 12.6.13. Then the bank refused cheque and returned Chq. No.068292 dated 29.8.14 for Rs. 18,938l-
9. An amount of Rs. 181,167.05, being proceeds on realisation of Mutual Fund in to accept the name Vimala George was appropriated towards loan.
10. I have been remitting and was willing to remit all EMI without default. The bank was not cooperating, rather took defiant stand.
11. Nobody would have ever heard a case where the loanee approached the DRT to enable him to the close the loan against the defiant stand of the bank that it should not close the loan that money could not be accepted.
12. Our stand is that we will remit the entire remaining EMI in one lumpsum as per the original EMI chart/ schedule, i.e. Sum of the EMI as per Chart LESS all what was remitted. We shall not be liable to pay anything more towards interest or damage, or anything, whatsoever you may call it, arising out of your non-cooperation. Kindly look into the matter and enable me to close the loan.
Kindly look in to the matter and enable me to close the loan
Raun Joseph George
Today: George is counting on you
George Joseph needs your help with “RBI: Request for closure of Housing Loan in the name of Late Vimala George”. Join George and 92 supporters today.