Every Restaurant must provide Purified Water
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Serving water to a thirsty person has been considered as one of the pious deeds in Indian culture. Cut short to 21st century and you need to pay UPTO 100Rs for a bottled water. While we can’t demand free bottled or mineral water but we certainly have right to normal purified water. I remember the first time I saw a bottle of water for sale back in 1990s. I thought who the heck would actually PAY to drink water when they could get it for free at home?
A normal bottled water costs Rs.15 but we seldom get water at this MRP. Depending on the restaurant and location we may end up paying anything between Rs.20 to Rs.100. Most of these restaurants or cafes don’t bother to serve purified water. Some of these outlets don’t even serve normal water. Installing a RO purifier won’t even cost 0.1% of total cost of setting up such food joints. Yet, they continue to charge exorbitant rates for serving bottled water. Most of the times the hapless customer won’t bother arguing about such charges.
- Making of a single water bottle releases into Earth’s hard-pressed atmosphere of more than 160 gms of the major greenhouse gas carbon dioxide
- A water bottle takes 500-1000 years to break down into plastic particles. While it degrades, the plastic leaches toxic chemicals.
- Throwing water bottles to a dustbin is also not a sustainable solution as it usually ends up in landfill instead of being recycled
- It takes three times the volume of water to manufacture one bottle of water than it does to fill it because of the chemical production of plastics.
Isn’t bottled water safer and cleaner?
No. In fact, all the majority of evidence shows that it’s worse for you. Plastic leaches into the water it holds, which has been linked to health issues like reproductive problems and different types of cancer. Harmful hormone-disrupting phthalates leach into the bottled water we drink after as little as 10 weeks of storage, or much faster once the bottles have been left in the sun (like in the car)
If the restaurants start providing free purified drinking water then
- People won’t end up paying hefty money for drinking water
- Save environment from approximately 5 billion plastic bottles
Sign my petition and demand:
- Every restaurant should compulsorily install RO purifiers and give the option of free drinking water to all customers.
- Customer should have the right to complaint if water or the glass is not clean
Today: Krishna is counting on you
Krishna Kuya needs your help with “Ram Vilas Paswan: Every Restaurant must provide Purified Water”. Join Krishna and 25 supporters today.