CHECK THE SUN TZU WALTZ OF THE CHINESE IN ANDAMAN NICOBAR ISLANDS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
INTRODUCTION TO THE ISSUE
Refer to the captioned news item " Red alert over Chinese firms eyeing BSNL cable project" http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/red-alert-over-chinese-firms-eyeing-bsnl-cable-project/article9763354.ece ; By S Ronendra Singh & Nayanima Basu; Hindu Business line; 12th July, 2017.
I would like to highlight the fact that the strategic depth that can be achieved from Indian owned and Built "undersea cable " out of Andaman & Nicobar Islands will be undermined if the captioned news item is correct .Refer article "Condition precedent for future growth in IoT /IoE applications in India." https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/condition-precedent-future-growth-iot-ioe-application-choudhury
Today the telecom infrastructure operated by BSNL is in very bad shape and the quality of service is the worst in the country. It can be improved by out of box non conventional solutions done in partnership with Civilian administration and Unified Military Command under DPP 2016.
Refer to the article PORT BLAIR BROAD BAND NETWORK (PB-BBN) : Immediate takeoff opportunity using mini satellites. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/port-blair-broad-band-network-pb-bbn-immediate-using-mini-choudhury
Execution of sea cable link from Chennai to Port Blair by Chinese Owned Companies is an area of grave concern for residents of Andaman & Nicobar Islands as these Islands have been working towards providing strategic depth to Indian foreign policy and its look east policy.
Refer details article PORT BLAIR PORT - 13th Major Port of India : Lets make it the new port of registry for Indian Shipping Tonnage. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/port-blair-13th-major-india-lets-make-new-registry-indian-anirban
We are not xenophobic, please go through the following documents for better understanding of the problem,
- Dr Sanat Kaul; Andaman and Nicobar Islands : India’s Untapped Strategic Assets; ISBN: 978-81-8274-774-6; Publisher: Pentagon Press; 2014. http://www.idsa.in/system/files/book/book_andman-nicobar.pdf
- The Andaman Islands - From outpost to springboard ;India eyes a strategic opportunity in the Bay of Bengal; ECONOMIST; 13th September; 2014. http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21617000-india-eyes-strategic-opportunity-bay-bengal-outpost-springboard
- Anirban Choudhury; Citizens Initiative for Smart City Port Blair; Smart City Proposal; 18th April, 2015. https://www.slideshare.net/ANIRBANCHOUDHURY1/smart-city-proposal-citizens-initiative-for-smart-portblair-final-lite-ver
SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM MENTIONED ABOVE
Swamping of Indian Telecom market by Chinese state supported entities/ companies like HUWAWE / ZTE started more than a decade back and its still continuing. It shows no change is expected till we change the L1 culture.
Today fortunately defense ministry in India is the only entry barrier against questionable companies & corporate entities trying to barge into sensitive areas of national economy, but they are also pragmatic. Under Defense Procurement Procedure 2016, a policy finalized more than a year back, even a local base workshop can form JV of common use services.
If you go through the articles written by me ( mentioned in INTRODUCTION paragraphs with reference link) at different times, i have mentioned that Port Blair Broad Band Network (PB-BBN) can start as a JV between ANI administration and combined defense command.
- In the takeoff / 1st stage till the existing BSNL systems are merged / acquired / junked by the ANI Admin & defense JV, service roll-out can happen in 4 to 6 months using a combination of Micro Satellite [ ISRO and startups supported by it has matured products] and WIMAX [ a stable and successful product rolled out by BSNL in 2010].
- In the intermediate / 2nd stage in dense urban areas of post blair, we may have fiber optic cable mesh similar to that of Goa Broad Band Network ( a state govt asset operational since 2008 and BOOT contractor is a Bangalore based pioneer TEMA member).
- In the Final / 3rd stage, when all the smart cities of our country are going to own and operate city broad band network, there will be need or demand for additional or multiple location submarine cable landing points, to enhance capacity beyond achievable by current system even after using 40G DWDM available in India but not available with chinese govt companies even 5 years back ( they might have copied the system installed at BSNL, developed by a Bangalore based company decades back [now being used with BBNL GPON ], a closely guarded product of MNC,s like CISCO e.t.c..
After the Final / 3rd stage Port Blair would become the point of convergence of sea cables from Singapore, load distribution to distribution to multiple east coast sea landing points that has to come up between Chennai and sagar island@ sandheads.
Refer article "Condition precedent for future growth in IoT /IoE applications in India." https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/condition-precedent-future-growth-iot-ioe-application-choudhury
Therefore the ANI Admin & defense JV has very critical role of regulating future traffic through port blair, diversifying risks of operational failure, other than starting Port Blair Broad Band Network.
Over the last 7 decades, PSU's in india has become inefficient with very high overheads. This makes us all skeptical about the ANI Admin & Defense JV becoming another BSNL.
I believe if the overheads are kept low, i.e. possible through BOOT Contract and limiting the bureaucracy to non operational areas like regulatory affairs, it will do better than so called private sector utility telecom companies in India.
Goa Broad band Network (GBBN) is a successful model operational since 2008 and in 3rd stage, the JV can follow British telecom / public broadcaster like BBC model.
LETS BE AWAKE - FACEBOOK / WHATSAPP / TWITTER DESH BHAKTS. PLEASE VOTE AND SUPPORT THIS PETITION IN NATIONAL INTEREST
Today: ANIRBAN is counting on you
ANIRBAN CHOUDHURY needs your help with “Raksha Mantri: CHECK THE SUN TZU WALTZ OF THE CHINESE IN ANDAMAN NICOBAR ISLANDS”. Join ANIRBAN and 5 supporters today.