Protect Our Children: Eliminate The Laws Actively Keeping Sexual Predators On The Streets
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
They are walking our streets right now.
Sexual predators of children, protected by the law.
Current laws limit the amount of time victims have to pursue charges, allowing predators to roam free.
These laws are called statute of limitations (SOL)
There is no statute of limitations (SOL) for murder.
Why is there a statute of limitations (SOL) for this heinous crime?
I was 4 when my father began sexually assaulting me. The SOL in my home state was 10 years. At 14 I was still living under his roof. Because of the SOL I was never able to take him off the street.
- An average serial child molester may have as many as 400 victims in their lifetime* (example: The Jeffrey Epstein Case)
- Every 73 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted.
Half of these victims are under the age of 18.
- 1 in 3 girls are sexually abused
1 in 5 boys are sexually abused**
- The average age of a survivor coming forward is 52*** (example: The Michael Jackson Case)
Help us protect countless children by eliminating the SOL across America.
Lets take predators off the streets
And finally give survivors a chance to have justice.
- Learn more about the movement
- Learn about the accompanying documentary, "Prey"
Today: kelly is counting on you
kelly Thorne needs your help with “RAINN: Protect Our Children By Abolishing Laws That Actively Keep Sexual Predators On the Streets”. Join kelly and 2 supporters today.