Taking autos for commuting in Delhi has become a pain for everyone. One always get hassled by errant auto drivers who refuse to go by meter, overcharge, refuse to go at all. This problem increases in the night and on BRT stretches as none of the autos are ready to go by meter citing traffic jams or any flimsy reason.
The much hyped complaint system of the Delhi Traffic Police is becoming a flop show. Problems are many-
- One can sms,call helpline or use an online complaint card to report errant auto drivers. But there is no way to track the status of the complaint.
- The online complaint card doesn’t accept complaints at times and returns an error message. A complaint by sms gets you a auto reply saying action will be taken. But there are no record of the action taken.
- Delhi Traffic Police’s Facebook page has only updates on challans with a misplaced assumption that every Delhiite is on facebook.
A few things we need to ensure commuting by auto becomes hassle free-
1. Provide a system to track the complaints registered. Either upload information on action taken on the Delhi Police website or send a sms back about the status report.
2. Stringent checks should be carried out to rein in errant auto drivers. On spot challans should be issued to errant auto drivers.
Please sign the petition and share it with everyone.