Protect Eisenhower Elementary's School Garden
This petition had 86 supporters
Bond plans are putting Eisenhower Elementary school's garden under threat of the bulldozer. Read the full story at eisenhowerschoolgarden.wordpress.com.
Your signature on this petition shows our school administration that the Eisenhower Rainbow Garden is an important part of our community. We don't want our garden moved, but if they proceed with building an Early Childhood Education classroom adjacent to the current garden site, we first need a proper plan for moving the garden.
A promise is not a plan:
- We want an appropriate build schedule that helps the garden succeed, and allows Eisenhower students to continue gardening. We don't want you to bulldoze an actively growing garden due to your lack of forethought;
- We want a comparable location that allows safe student access (including wheelchair access for our students with disabilities);
- We want funding and logistics for moving the garden. We paid for it once already; we are not paying for it again;
- We want at least 3 tons of fertile soil moved onto the new site. That's how much soil we've moved onto the current site;
- We want a water source and appropriate irrigation systems pre-installed on the new site;
- We want you to listen to parents, teachers, and other community members about our concerns regarding school priorities, and not tell us that a decision has been made, after the fact.
Today: Eisenhower School Garden is counting on you
Eisenhower School Garden needs your help with “Protect Eisenhower Elementary's School Garden”. Join Eisenhower School Garden and 85 supporters today.