Promote Solar Panels in Brecksville!
This petition had 39 supporters
This petition addresses components of Brecksville's current ordinance 1186.03(c) that are particularly restrictive to residents wishing to install solar panels:
- "Solar panels installed in a roof-top configuration are limited to the portion of the roof which faces the rear yard and shall not exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of that portion of the roof area".
- Ground mounted solar panels are banned.
- The planning Commission has significant latitude to revise a proposed plan from a homeowner, (1186.06(a)(1)): "There is no other location on the site for the proposed small wind energy system or the solar energy system which would result in a less conspicuous or more aesthetically pleasing installation."
Many Brecksville residents believe Solar Panels are appropriate and desirable for Brecksville. Some of the reasons are:
- Homeowners have the right to produce clean, non-polluting, renewable energy.
- Solar panels are the best available, affordable, and proven renewable energy technology to date.
- Solar panels reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which in turn reduces respiratory and cardiac related illnesses.
- Solar panels send excess energy into the grid providing clean energy to others.
- Solar panels add value to the property.
- Solar panels are a local source of energy.
- The solar panel industry in the US is creating many American jobs.
- Using solar panels helps extend the availability of fossil resources for our children and grandchildren, and for applications where there are no alternatives.
- Brecksville should provide leadership in clean, non-polluting, renewable energy.
If you agree that Brecksville's current ordinance governing solar panels needs to be less restrictive on where panels can be placed and on how much of the roof surface that solar panels occupy, thereby allowing a greater number of buildings to add solar panels, and also should be brought up to date with current technologies, please show your support by signing this petition which will be submitted to Brecksville City Council members. Thank you!
Today: Moving Forward is counting on you
Moving Forward needs your help with “Promote Solar Panels in Brecksville!”. Join Moving Forward and 38 supporters today.