Save Tamilnadu Farmers facing the worst drought in 140 years
This petition had 84 supporters
The State of Tamilnadu is experiencing the worst drought in 140 years. More than 200 farmers are said to have committed suicide. The farmers have been feeding us for our survival, their survival is at stake.
A group of elderly farmers have travelled all the way to Delhi and are protesting in Delhi amidst the fog and scorching heat. They are pleading with the Central Govt to rescue them from the worst drought seen in 140 years.
They are wearing the skulls of the fellow farmers who committed suicide due to the severe drought and their inability to repay the loans.
All their properties are in debt and they have no way survive this onslaught
Farmers who have been feeding all of us for generations are their heart out for someone to notice their plight and help them tide over this difficult time.
They are not asking for anything against law and definitely not for their personal gains or comforts.
Their demands are
- Save TN Farmers by setting up the "Cauvery Water Management Board"
- Linking the rivers
- Regenerate Cauvery delta basin by declaring it as "Reserved Agriculture Zone"
- Stop fuel explorations which will desertify the fertile Cauvery delta basin
- Ensure 70% of market price for the farmers for their products
- Financial aid and agricultural loan waivers during drought seasons, which will stop farmers from taking the extreme step of committing suicides
- Introduce pension schemes to support old age farmers,
Signing the petition is the least thing one can do support the hands which feed us!! 50000 petitions will help to gain the attention of the powers that be!!
Thanks in advance for signing the petition
Today: Mohan is counting on you
Mohan Naarayan needs your help with “Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi: Save Tamilnadu Farmers facing the worst drought in 140 years”. Join Mohan and 83 supporters today.