Special Status to Andhra Pradesh

0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!


Andhra Pradesh needs special status. As many as 11 states have been given Special category status since 1967 which includes Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim Tripura, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Now we demand the same status for Andhra Pradesh which the PM had promised. 

Advantages:

The central government allocates 30 percent of its plan expenditure to these states while the remaining 70 per cent goes to other states.

In the case of the centrally-sponsored schemes (CSS) and external aid, special category states get 90 percent as grant and 10 per cent as loan. For general category, it is 30 per cent grant and 70 per cent loan.

Unspent funds don't lapse and get carried forward in the case of special category states while they lapse in the case of non-special category states.

Tax benefits:

The Central government offers a host of tax benefits for the new industrial units set up in the special category states. They include capital investment subsidy, central excise duty exemption and transport subsidy.

Every Indian should sign this petition. Andhra Pradesh was hit by hid hud cyclone and the estimated damages were 21908 crores despite of that Government is still thinking to give special status. Government has to give special status. Prime Minister Modi has to accept this.



Today: Hanu B is counting on you

Hanu B Krishna needs your help with “Prime Minister of India: Special Status to Andhra Pradesh”. Join Hanu B and 862 supporters today.