Requesting the Prime Minister of India to take action against Uber and Ola.
This petition had 37 supporters
The Prime minister of India,
Prime minister office,
Subject: Uber/Ola companies cheating with the CAB Operators.
With due respect we want to inform your good self that Uber/Ola companies have started their business in Chandigarh since 2014.
1. Initially they attracted the people by offering them Rs. 42000/- per month for mini cab and Rs. 48000/- per month for sedan cab. After six months they changed their fixed plan. Although these companies have got contract signed with the cab operators for one year but they didn’t stick on these agreements by changing the plan without consent of the operators.
2. Cab operators were offered MBG(Minimum business guarantee) for Rs. 42000/- and 48000/- which the companies paid for 6 months only.
3. Most of the cab operators arranged money by putting their jewellery to financiers or from some relatives to make the down payment . Remaining amount was borrowed as auto loan on monthly EMI from 11000 to 16000.
4. Now companies regularly decreasing the incentives and at present the situation has become very serious.
5. Most of the drivers are not able to pay the Bank EMI’s and other house hold expenses resulting they have gone under mental depression
6. Companies committed to pay Rs. 14/- per Km for mini cab and Rs. 18/- per Km for sedan cab.
7. They are giving false advertisements in news papers about earning 1 lac rupees per month. But in reality we can not even earn Rs. 25000 per month. It is very clear that companies are playing big fraud with cab operators and cheating in every way.
8. Many of the operators are in situation to commit suicide due to this fraud.
9. Now there are more the 25000 cabs running attached with Uber/Ola companies.
10. Keeping view of the above circumstances we request you to take immediate action on the following demands.
a. Fix the criteria about how many cabs to be allowed in Chandigarh so that no further cabs can be attached without the consent of the government.
b. Every cab operator will be given MBG (minimum business guarantee) of Rs. 42000/48000 till the disposal of bank loan.
c. If road tax and all other documents are complete then no challan should be executed by STA.
d. 100 kms area of tricity should be declared as Local area and only one state has to be authorised to collect the road tax from the cab operators.
e. 8 Hours duty should be fixed for cab operators as in other companies and after 8 hours companies should pay Rs. 100 per hour as overtime.
f. Minimum insurance of Rs. 20 Lac should be covered in case of on duety death.
g. In case of accident the actual expenditure of the hospital should be paid by the government.
h. In case of accident Rs. 1 lac should be given by the company as compensation.
i. We request you to take necessary action immediately and issue directions to Chandigarh administration to do the needful at the earliest possible with some good conclusion.
Today: Tricity Taxi Operators & Drivers is counting on you
Tricity Taxi Operators & Drivers needs your help with “Prime minister of India: Requesting the Prime Minister of India to take action against Uber and Ola.”. Join Tricity Taxi Operators & Drivers and 36 supporters today.