Allow the filing of RTI and payment of fees through online means
This petition had 31 supporters
The RTI is a vital tool to get information about the institutions of our country. It is enabling and empowering and has been a vital step toward improving transparency in our country. It is time to take this to the next level. To allow the filing of RTI and the payment of the relevant fees online through bank transfer or payment gateways.
This will serve some important purposes:
1. Many times, the information being requested can be from an office in another place. The creation of a draft for payment and mailing of a physical letter add avoidable inconvenience and delays to the process.
2. Many people are unaware of appropriate offices or find it difficult to track down relevant people or they feel intimidated by the process and thus don't exercise their Right To Information. Such people would be facilitated by the possibility of filing from their homes or offices.
3. People living outside cities may need to travel to reach related offices for the filing of applications. There are greater chances of access to internet closer to their home.
4. India is fast moving on the track of progress and as information and processes increasingly come online, this is a vital one that should be made a priority.
5. Online processes will also serve a vital purpose of allowing security to RTI activists who file for information related with dangerous subjects or people. The added possibility of anonymity will be vital to their protection.
Today: Vidyut is counting on you
Vidyut Gore needs your help with “Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh: Allow the filing of RTI and payment of fees through online means”. Join Vidyut and 30 supporters today.