Comprehensive Policy for Women and Child Safety
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Hon'ble Prime Minister sir,
I bring to your notice the increasing incidents of attrocities against our women and children. Recent incidents of merciless assault on the dignity and modesty of our women, especially innocent young children, have shaken the collective conscience of our nation. Such incidents cast a dark shadow on our age old civilizational values and the progressiveness of our society. It also shows that despite the national outrage during the Nirbhaya case we as a society, have not learnt our lessons well. This deterioration in our moral standards must be corrected immediately with top priority in our national agenda.
As a way ahead, I suggest to you to bring out a comprehensive policy for women and child safety which involves the following:
1. Revamp of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
2. Restructuring of our Education Curricula to give core priority to moral education in our schools
3. Guidelines to schools and colleges (from the Union HRD Ministry) to ensure safety of their girl students and faculty.
4. Providing for a time based trial for offences such as rape.
5. Providing for a separate wing in the Police to handle cases of attrocities against women.
6. A separate scheme on the lines of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao to promote women empowerment.
7. A ban against persons accused of committing any kind of attrocities against women from contesting in any kind of election in the country.
I urge to you consider these suggestions as you embark on a sacred mission to ensure the safety and dignity of the women and children of this country.
Today: Varun is counting on you
Varun Hari Prasad needs your help with “Prime Minister of India: Comprehensive Policy for Women and Child Safety”. Join Varun and 6 supporters today.