Stop the Expansion of NH7 Between Mansar & Khawasa! SAVE the most important Kanha-Pench Tiger Corridor!
This petition had 10,520 supporters
Honorable Prime Minister, and Minister, MoEF & CC
This is to remind you that, you have taken oath of your respective offices not only to protect the citizens but also our forests and wildlife. Remember, wild animals are equally the citizens of our country, and thus your responsibility.
1. NH7 is passing through the crucial Kanha-Pench tiger corridor and have been critical for wildlife movement between both the parks round the year. The present highway has already been causing much damage to the wildlife. They do not deserve any further agony.
2. Only 9.2 km stretch out of 40 km road between Mansar-Khawasa has experienced 1035 wild animal kills by road accidents in just 430 days observation period. You do not need any more reasons than this.
3. Alternative road is available through Seoni-Chhindwara-Nagpur for supporting to the human-development requirement. No need to bring damage and disturbance to the Kanha-Pench wildlife corridor.
4. Any development activity on the Mansar-Khawasa road would severely damage the corridor connectivity and disturb flora and fauna by fragmenting the corridor space. This will be irreversible damage and will put further pressure on Pench and Kanha as separate tiger reserves.
5. Scientists and experts have several times mentioned that this corridor space will experience collateral damage if the highway is allowed to be expanded within the corridor region in any form.
6. Understand that conservation can be compromised for human development but conservation can not be destructed for the sake of human development.
7. Please give wild animals their right to survival which they deserve constitutionally.
Please express your sympathy towards your precious wild heritage and perform your constitutional responsibilities by protecting them. They may not express their gratitude to you but as their voices, a large mass of our fellow citizens will certainly remain grateful to you!
Please stop the expansion immediately and select the alternative option through Seoni-Chhindwara-Nagpur so that development and environment can coexist.
Today: Sandeep is counting on you
Sandeep Mishra needs your help with “Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi, MoEF&CC Minister Mr Prakash Javdekar: Stop the Expansion of NH7 Between Mansar & Khawasa! SAVE the most important Kanha-Pench Tiger Corridor!”. Join Sandeep and 10,519 supporters today.