Prevent the development of Ringmore estate (planning application 0669/17/OPA)
This petition had 172 supporters
Whilst this petition helps inform South Hams District Council planning officer Wendy Ormsby. It is not a substitute for lodging an official objection direct to her email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A Planning Application has been made for outline planning permission for 10 dwellings.
• Purportedly 50% will be affordable housing, but this will not be guaranteed and Ringmore has no identified official need for affordable housing.
• If this goes ahead then it is likely to be a development of at least 10 unnecessary executive styles houses - which would most likely be aimed at the second home market.
• In the fields immediately before Westbury as you travel towards Ringmore from St Ann's Chapel.
• You are strongly urged to object to this Planning Application before the deadline of Friday 19 May 2017.
• It is vitally important that as many people object as possible.
• People who can object from all over the UK and not just from the local parishes, therefore if you want to preserve this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty ('AONB') for you children and grandchildren, do get as many people to object as possible.
• It is not intended to be for the good of the village and once outline planning permission is granted the land will then be sold to a developer.
• The developer will no doubt seek to maximise their profit by dropping the unprofitable affordable housing and increasing the size, density and number of buildings on the site.
• The Planning Application breaches many planning rules.
• Stopping this Planning Application for an unnecessary housing estate within the parish will be a matter of people power, with parishioners making their viewpoints heard by South Hams District Council ('SHDC').
Today: Residents is counting on you
Residents of Ringmore needs your help with “Prevent the development of Ringmore estate (planning application 0669/17/OPA)”. Join Residents and 171 supporters today.