Support URLEIA─National legislation to stop police killings.
This petition had 219 supporters
Strip Law Enforcement of Unbridled Power!
The Uniform Reporting Law Enforcement Improvement Act (URLEIA) is the answer to America's policing problems. Learn all about URLEIA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyVjZVVyg3U
- Creates a national pattern or practice data bank called POP
- Requires every law enforcement agent and private-duty security officer in the nation to use the POP data bank for incident reporting.
- Tracks the individual actions of every law enforcement agent in the nation.
- Tracks the race, gender, and age of every person who is the subject of a law enforcement incident or action.
- Provides data and reports that enable citizens and watchdogs to quickly identify and remove bad law enforcement agents.
- Deputizes licensed attorneys and gives them the power to act on behalf of DOJ to prosecute abusive law enforcement agencies and agents.
- Forever bars an “unfit” law enforcement agent from working as a law enforcement agent anywhere in the United States.
URLEIA also provides the accountability we demand:
- Imposes upon law enforcement agents an “obligation to preserve life and prevent injury” during policing.
- Hands over control of the entire investigative process following a police shooting to an independent investigative team selected by the family from state website.
- Empowers the independent investigative team, not public prosecutor, with the responsibility to present evidence to public grand jury.
- Allows the victim’s family to select an attorney (private prosecutor) to criminally prosecute law enforcement agent(s) accused of excessive force.
- Allows for speedy removal of law enforcement agents deemed “unfit.”
- Allows for in-field inspections of law enforcement agents and law enforcement vehicles by citizen monitors to detect the presence of unauthorized weapons or contraband.
- Requires U.S. Attorney General to create an Office of Citizen Oversight and Accountability.
- Allows for substantial citizen involvement in determining police training methods and protocols.
- Provides a host of other improvements.
ONUS, Inc. is working to build massive support on-the-ground. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to help.
Today: ONUS, Inc. is counting on you
ONUS, Inc. needs your help with “President of the United States, U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. Senate: Support URLEIA─National legislation to stop police killings.”. Join ONUS, Inc. and 218 supporters today.