Replace plastic with biodegradable materials
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
It's no surprise that plastic and waste harm our earth. As stated by Environmental Health News (EHN), plastic's production and disposal cause problems such as:
- "Chemicals added to plastics are absorbed by human bodies. Some of these compounds have been found to alter hormones or have other potential human health effects." (EHN)
- "Plastic debris, laced with chemicals and often ingested by marine animals, can injure or poison wildlife." (EHN)
- "Floating plastic waste, which can survive for thousands of years in water, serves as mini transportation devices for invasive species, disrupting habitats." (EHN)
- "Plastic buried deep in landfills can leach harmful chemicals that spread into groundwater." (EHN)
- "Around 4 percent of world oil production is used as a feedstock to make plastics, and a similar amount is consumed as energy in the process." (EHN)
One of the best solutions to these problems is biodegradable plastic. Biodegradable materials not only reduce the amount of municipal waste, but also decrease the demand for fossil fuels. Additionally, replacing plastic with this alternative has the ability to preserve petroleum supplies (source reduction), save energy, and promote plastic eating bacteria to break down the pre-existing plastic deposits. (Sciencing.com)
LET'S REPLACE THIS HARMFUL PLASTIC WITH THE BETTER, MORE ECO-FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE! SUPPORT THE AWARENESS OF THIS ISSUE TODAY!
Today: APES Group is counting on you
APES Group 1st period needs your help with “President of the United States: Replace plastic with biodegradable materials”. Join APES Group and 297 supporters today.