- Barack ObamaPresident of the United States of America
Declare National Treasure legal sequel to Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
We humbly ask the President of the United States, Barack Obama, to use the powers of his executive office to have Nicolas Cage’s ‘National Treasure’ legally recognised as the official sequel to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, thus nullifying the authenticity of any other claimant.
It is our firm belief that this declaration would be of significant cultural & historical value, and go a long way as to rebuilding the international reputation of the United States.
- President of the United States of America
We, the undersigned, hereby call upon you to use the powers of your executive office to officially recognise the 2004 film ‘National Treasure’ by Jon Turteltaub as the sole and exclusive sequel to 1989’s ‘Indiana jones and the Last Crusade’.
In doing so, you will render the claim of any other piece of work, by George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, or otherwise, null and void.
It is our recommendation that any issues arising regarding lack of continuity, lack of character overlap, and specific timeline discrepancies can be dealt with using one of the following plot devices (delete as appropriate to your own personal preference):
1. Nicolas Cage’s ‘Benjamin Gates’ is the protégé of professor Henry (Indiana) Jones Jr.
2. Jon Voight’s ‘Patrick Gates’ is the younger brother of Anna Mary Jones, the mother of Henry Jones Jr, thus making Benjamin Gates the cousin of Henry Jones Jr.
3. Nicolas Cage’s ‘Benjamin Gates’ learned his trade whilst studying at Marshall College, Connecticut, under Marcus Brody- lecturer, historian, curator of the National Museum and friend of Henry Jones, Jr.
It is our firm belief that this declaration would be of significant cultural & historical value, and go a long way as to rebuilding the, once stellar, international reputation of the United States.
We thank you for your time, and anticipate your positive response.
Yours, the undersigned:
Robert Maguire started this petition with a single signature, and now has 40 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Robert is counting on you
Robert Maguire needs your help with “Barack Obama: Declare National Treasure legal sequel to Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade”. Join Robert and 39 supporters today.