Declaration of the Governed
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
This Declaration was written using the language of the original Declaration of Independence but with today's issues, an approach once used by the Women's Suffrage movement. It is sobering indeed to compare the issues we currently face to the issues of Revolutionary times.
Our goals are to gather 2 million or more signatures, online and through 10 or more music festivals as we tour across the country, ending at the White House where we will deliver this Declaration to the President, the entire Congress and the Supreme Court of the United States.
This is a bi-partisan effort, not a Republican or Democrat, Black or White, Gay or Straight, Christian or Muslim effort; This is an American effort!
It is time to unite and send the message that the governing class only governs by and through the Consent of the Governed. It is time to hold those who corrupt our government accountable!
First Amendment - Constitution of the United States
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Gettysburg Address - excerpt "
It is rather for us, the living, we here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us that, from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here, gave the last full measure of devotion that we here highly resolve these dead shall not have died in vain; that the nation, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
November 19, 1863
Please consider donating a few dollars towards the expenses involved with gathering signatures, touring the nation and delivering this important message to our government! You may donate any amount you wish but I ask you, is your freedom worth a measly $5 or $10?
In addition to sharing and donating towards this important cause, we are looking for volunteers to help us with signature drives across the country, coordination of events at the 10 music festival stops and general logistics of the tour. We are hoping to partner with organizations such as yours on a national level, uniting to bring together powerful exposure and strategic partnership towards the cause to clean up our government.
We have produced music festivals and political rallies such as this to great success in the past and we believe this to be a very effective approach to unifying America and getting out this important message.
Our basic format at each stop will be to video document the sentiments of the American people and create 10 different web video documentaries, each with a different theme, featuring a celebrity defining the theme, followed by real Americans sharing their sentiments and expectations of our Government. Each episode will feature footage of real Americans, from different regions of America, adding their signature to the petition. Each episode will wrap up with a final message, tying the message of the episode together.
It is my sincere hope that you consider becoming a part of this movement in whatever way that you can help to contribute. Follow our progress and get up to date information about the tour on our Facebook page:
In Civic Congress, November 11, 2018.
Declaration of the Governed of the United States of America,
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to alter the political bands which have connected them with their current government, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and superior station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the alteration.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, an uncorrupted government and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Citizens, deriving their just powers from the Consent of the Governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Such has been the patient sufferance of these Governed; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present Federal, State and Local Governments is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world:
- It has conspired and succeeded, in whole and in part, to remove the realistic right of the average citizen to Representation in the Legislature, through its refusal to pass term limits and campaign reform in support of "Pay for Play" schemes, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
- It has endeavored to eliminate protected unalienable Rights through partisan interpretations of interpretations of case law versus relying upon the plain and clear language of rights outlined within our national Constitution.
- It has endeavored to prevent the exercise of unalienable Rights, endowed by our Creator, through adulteration of our judicial system that has shown its complete and utter failure to self-regulate.
- It has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by its Assent to the practice of Selective Prosecution, thwarting any possibility of equal protects under the law and by establishing immunity, from prosecution and civil redress, to the Judiciary, Legislatures, States, Counties, Townships, Law Enforcement and Federal agencies or individuals, placing themselves in superior station to those who consent to grant them the power to govern.
- It has dissolved or seized the assets of citizens repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness of its invasions on the rights of the people.
- It has affected to render the Law Enforcement Agencies independent of and superior to the Civic Power.
- For quartering large bodies of militarily armed police officers among us.
- For protecting them, through Selective Prosecution, immunity granted or by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States.
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury and the adulteration of the practice of Plea Dealing to evoke blackmailed admissions of guilt under threat of much harsher prosecution and sentencing.
- For transporting us to unscrupulous courts to be tried for pretended offences.
- It has erected a multitude of New Offices, Agencies and Departments and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
- It has created federal agencies to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution and unacknowledged by our laws; giving its Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation. Even now the dogs they have bred to submission the Citizen, bite the hand of their Masters in a Deep State rebellion for control of our country.
- For taking away our Charters, violating our most valuable rights and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments through payment for representation schemes.
- For suspending Laws of our own State Legislatures and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever and naming themselves the Supreme Law of the Land beyond those powers granted within the National Constitution.
- It has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people. It has squandered our tax revenues and permitted a runaway annual budget that spends more than it receives, causing debt that will be in existence for our grandchildren’s grandchildren to be saddled.
- It is even now controlling our various forms of communication and medias to complete the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Custodians of a civilized nation.
- It has excited domestic insurrections amongst us and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our country a division so severe it most certainly will bring about an undistinguished fall and destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions if left unopposed and unchallenged.
- It has corrupted elections, shielded the governing class from criminal prosecution, granted them immunity from civil redress, refused to limit terms of service, refuse to reform campaign funding and built militarily armed domestic forces to protect themselves from being removed from power.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Government, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the custodian of a free people.
Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Governmental brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislatures to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the original circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity.
We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our alterations, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, duty bound to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and to reverence the boundaries of power granted there in, comprehending that powers not expressly granted remain with the Citizenry.
We, therefore, the Governed of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good Citizens of these States, solemnly publish and declare:
That these United States are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to proclamations of law beyond the reach of powers expressly granted within the Constitution of the United States of America.
We hereby call upon the current sitting President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump, the entire setting Congress, the Supreme Court of the United States and every Independent State Legislature to Direct you to expressly redress the foregoing grievances and through appropriate means, however drastic it shall be required, to become compliant with the Plain and Clear Language of the Ratified Constitution of the United States of America.
By whatever means necessary, the Governed, whom have boldly joined their names below, Demand those who have violated the trust and powers, granted them by the Governed, be held accountable, to a degree that ensures that no future Elected Official or Civil Servant dare to follow these same actions.
You are further Directed to implement, by appropriate means, the following safeguards against future usurpations:
- For term limits and campaign financing reform to end pay for play schemes;
- To limit the power shift to bureaucratic deep state agencies, through appropriate oversight, at both the Federal, State and Local levels once term limits and campaign reform have been implemented for elected officials;
- For Strict adherence to the Plain and Clear Language of our National Constitution and its ratified amendments versus interpretations of interpretations of case law.
- The United States Supreme Court, and every other level of State and Federal Court has become partisan in nature and should have a revolving Grand Jury like panel of Citizens, drawn by lot from appropriate districts, to review and overturn, when appropriate, their decisions by unanimous agreement.
- The same type of panel should be tasked to review and overrule, when requested and upon unanimous agreement, the decisions of each State Bar Association upon attorney discipline and the decisions of each City, County, District, State or Federal Prosecutor to Selectively Not Prosecute any criminal case.
- For the abolishment of the practice of legislating criminal or civic immunity, to any member of the governing or law enforcement class, that does not extend equally to the general population. We are to be a Government of the people, by the people and for the people, no class stationed above the people. Every Citizen deserves equal protects under the law and thus every Citizen must be equally answerable to the law.
- For the national abolishment of the act of civil asset seizure without any criminal conviction or civil order based upon debt owed. The fourth Amendment states we are to be secure from unreasonable search and seizure of personal property which should include being safe from highway robbery from unscrupulous law enforcement.
- For the disarmament of Local, County, State and Federal Law Enforcement of any weapon not legal and regularly available to the general population.
- For the establishment of a requirement that the annual national and state budgets must live within their means and establish a plan to systematically reduce debt at an established rate, so as to end the thievery of the revenues of our grandchildren’s grandchildren.
- For the establishment of a level of ethics and truthfulness required of our national, state and local media and press core.
- For the providing of the securing of our borders and encouraging support of the legal immigration of people of education, needed skills and means.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!