End the Age of Entitlement for Politicians
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The Pension Assets Test is to be implemented on 1 January 2017.
We absolutely agree, if a pension isn't an entitlement, neither is a politician's pension an entitlement. They keep telling us that paying us an aged pension isn't sustainable. Paying politicians all the perks they get is even less sustainable!
The politicians themselves, in Canberra, brought it up, that the Age of Entitlements is over. In that case:
1. Scrap political pensions.
Politicians can purchase their own retirement plan, just as most other working Australians are expected to do.
2. Retired politicians (past, present & future) to participate in Centrelink. A Politician collects a substantial salary while in office but should receive no salary when they're out of office. Terminated politicians under 70 to go get a job or apply for Centrelink unemployment benefits like ordinary Australians. Terminated politicians under 70 to negotiate with Centrelink like the rest of the Australian people.
3. Funds already allocated to the Politicians' retirement fund be returned immediately to Consolidated Revenue.
This money to be used to pay down debt they created which they expect us and our grandchildren to repay for them.
4. Politicians to no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Politicians pay will rise by the lower of, either the CPI or 3%. 5. Politicians to lose their privileged health care system and participate in the same health care system as ordinary Australian people. i.e. Politicians to either pay for private cover from their own funds or accept ordinary Medicare.
6. Politicians to equally abide by all laws they impose on the Australian people.
7. All contracts with past and present Politicians men/women to be void effective 1/1/17.
The Australian people did not agree to provide perks to Politicians, that burden was thrust upon them. Politicians devised all these contracts to benefit themselves. Serving in Parliament is an honour not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our politicians should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If you agree Sign the Petition and Share widely!!
Today: Vicki is counting on you
Vicki Jones needs your help with “President of the Senate: End the Age of Entitlement for Politicians”. Join Vicki and 190 supporters today.