Opposing Land Expropriation without Compensation and the change to the Constitution
This petition had 394 supporters
We, the people of South Africa and members of the Cape Party wish to oppose The National Assembly and National Council of Provinces mandate to the Constitutional Review Committee to:
1. review section 25 of the Constitution and other sections where necessary, to make it possible for the state to expropriate land in the public interest without compensation;
2. propose the necessary constitutional amendments where applicable with regards to the kind of future land tenure regime needed.
The steps we have taken so far are as follows:-
1. We have engaged the services of a top international law advocate on this issue with the intention of taking the matter to the International court of Justice once the time is ripe.
2. Registered our opposition in the public participation process
3. Booked to make oral submissions in Parliament in August
4. Approached the Human Rights Commission requesting it to make a representation to the Government whether this is a violation of Human Rights according to International Law.
We, The Cape Party, will continue to oppose this process at every stage until it is stopped.
Please add your voice to ours by signing this petition and sharing it with as many people as possible across the county.
Today: The Cape Party is counting on you
The Cape Party needs your help with “President of South Africa: Opposing Land Expropriation without Compensation and the change to the Constitution”. Join The Cape Party and 393 supporters today.