1. Recognizes the sovereign status of Tribes.
2. Demonstrates Government to Government consultation as a best practice.
3. Creates a welcoming community for Tribal students, staff, faculty and community.
4. Addresses the unique history, rights and needs of Tribal communities.
5. Upholds the University's dedication to the principles of equality of opportunity and freedom from unfair discrimination for all members of the university community and an acceptance of true diversity as an affirmation of individual identity within a welcoming community.