Shashi Tharoor as President of India
This petition had 5 supporters
On 25th July, 2017, India, the largest democracy of the world will face a presidential election .
Success of a democratic country requires a strong public interest based opposition led by a visionary leader capable of Presidency
Dr Shashi Tharoor :
- worked at UN for over 30 years in various positions
- Well received candidate for UN Secretary General - previously worked as Under Secretary General
- Two time MP from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Authored several books which reflect his understanding of the pluralistic society of India
- World-class multi-lingual -- English, Hindi, French, Malayalam -- orator and debater - see Youtube for videos
- Internationally respected with access to diplomatic channels all over the world
- After retirement, he chose to serve India and joined Indian politics; did not choose UK/US citizenship option available since he was born in United Kingdom and worked in UN@NYC for long.
- He chose to be elected by the people, not the soft entry option through Rajya Sabha
- Initiated development activities in his first 5 year term as MP that won wide acclaim
- won again in 2014 against the anti-incumbent wave lashing the country.
- Available through out the year to his constituents in Thiruvananthapuram
Dr Shashi Tharoor is a man well qualified with deep knowledge of international and national issues, who can connect with the people of India and with world leaders.
We ask the Government and the opposition to nominate Dr Shashi Tharoor to be the Presidential Candidate .
In best interest of the World's Largest Democracy.
Today: Sanjay is counting on you
Sanjay Rastogi needs your help with “President Indian National Congress: Shashi Tharoor as President of India”. Join Sanjay and 4 supporters today.