MEDAL OF FREEDOM FOR CHRIS NOEL.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Petitioning President of the United States
Award The Presidential Medal of Freedom to Miss Chris Noel
From: Deanna Hopkins, Widow of a Vietnam Veteran.
Chris Noel - Biography
Chris Noel started as a model in West Palm Beach, Florida, and broke into show business doing MISTER ROBERTS on stage with Hugh O'Brian.
Called “the next Marilyn Monroe,” new starlet Chris Noel landed a role opposite Steve McQueen in SOLDIER IN THE RAIN, then appeared in GIRL HAPPY with Elvis Presley, BEACH BALL with Edd Byrnes, and CEASE FIRE with Don Johnson.
In 1965, Chris joined the Governor of California, baseball legend Sandy Kofax, and others in touring Letterman Hospital in California. Chris put on a happy face while visiting the gangrene ward, but the condition of the Vietnam vets she saw there shocked her deeply. It was a life-changing experience.
Chris vowed to do something to help our servicemen, and fulfilled her vow when the Pentagon hired her to do a daily, hour-long radio show broadcast to our troops in Vietnam and around the world.
Her AFRTS radio program was called "A Date With Chris," and she opened each program by saying, "Hi love!" From 1966-1969, as the war raged, Chris went to Vietnam personally, making popular tours that brought a much-needed "touch of home" to our fighting forces in remote locations thousands of miles from home.
As the war wound down, Chris noticed that many veterans were being displaced, disrespected, and turned away from employment. They fell into unfortunate circumstances, and thousands ended up homeless and hopeless.
In 1991, she opened Chris Noel's Vetsville Cease Fire House, a shelter for homeless American veterans of Vietnam and the Gulf War, as well as the Iraq and the Afghanistan Wars. To this day, Chris continues to lift up fallen veterans, helping them regain their lives and self-respect.
She continues to attend vet-related events such as Rolling Thunder, a massive gathering focusing on POWS and MIA soldiers, held annually in Washington, D.C., as well as numerous smaller events across the country.
Chris Noel served our country with honor and distinction as a civilian member of the Armed Forces Radio Service - Republic of Viet Nam and has never been recognized by our government for her service.
Therefore, We, the undersigned, repsectfully request that The President of The United States favorably consider, endorse and award the Presidential Medal Of Freedom to Miss Chris Noel.
Some Facts to substantiate this petition:
1) Chris Noel was a disk jockey for Armed Forces Radio (Good Morning, Vietnam) in Saigon and her show was very popular with the soldiers. It was called, "A Date With Chris." Before she volunteered to go to Vietnam, as a civilian, she was a movie star and up and coming entertainer. She gave up her promising career in entertainment after visiting a veteran hospital and knew she had to do something.
According to the USO, Chris Noel, Hollywood Actress, made 12 trips to Vietnam with the USO to entertain American troops and was a USO Combat Entertainer in Vietnam. She also saw a lot of ugliness of war on her tour of forward bases. To this day she suffers from PTSD, and many veterans consider her a fellow "combat" veteran and hero. PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. When you are exposed to life threatening situations, loss of friends in battle or the ugliness of war, it can impact sensitive people. Most often they suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, and other disorders.
2) Twice Chris Noel's helicopter was crashed in the jungles of Vietnam while traveling to line units to perform singing and entertaining for the troops. Miss Noel has earned the designation of a "combat veteran" by all that saw and know of her taking the risks, as any member of the armed forces does in a hostile environment.
3) Fact, Chris Noel was considered so popular and influential for troop morale that the Viet Cong placed a $10,000 bounty on her head.
4) Chris Noel is still giving to the Veterans. She runs Vetsville Cease Fire House, a shelter for homeless vets in Florida.
5) Chris still suffers from flashbacks, migraines and stress disorders following her Vietnam mission.
Chris Noel highly deserves this long over due recognition from our Government for her service to our country, her steadfast support, and dedication to the Armed Forces.
Today: Deanna is counting on you
Deanna Hopkins needs your help with “PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: MEDAL OF FREEDOM FOR CHRIS NOEL.”. Join Deanna and 68 supporters today.