Preserve the Golf Garden as a Miramar Beach Community Park
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Residents of Miramar Beach and neighbors of the Golf Garden want Walton County Commissioners to do the right thing:
PURCHASE THE GOLF GARDEN PROPERTY FOR A COMMUNITY PARK
MAKE MIRAMAR BEACH A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE, WORK AND PLAY.
Elected county officials need to promote the wellbeing and safety of everyone (residents and tourists alike) in our densely populated area and support our community needs in the overlooked 32550 Wild West of South Walton.
The 4.7 square miles of Miramar Beach hold MORE RESIDENTS AND MORE VISITORS than all the rest of South Walton combined.
Miramar Beach – 32550, Precinct 510 - has 9,783 active voter registrations, a whopping 19% of 51,439 county-wide voters compared to 6,821 in all the rest of South Walton combined.
IT’S TIME FOR OUR COMMISSIONERS TO LOOK TO THE FUTURE, spend some money on improving this important part of South Walton, and grab the Golf Garden opportunity to meet the needs of Miramar Beach residents and visitors to benefit all Walton County.
Preserve and enhance scarce available open land for the benefit of all.
- Community enhancements add alternatives to the beach with public spaces to pursue leisure activities safely.
- Preservation of green space protects the natural environment and helps avoid additional storm water drainage issues.
- Using available land for a public park rather than residential development limits the strain on community infrastructure resources including schools.
Prevent increases in traffic on crowded neighborhood roads and highways.
- Do everything it takes to keep our roads and families safe from even more vehicle traffic.
- Curtail the possibility of more high-density development in 32550. The multiple new hotels are enough. Residential development, especially, brings excessive numbers of additional vehicles into our neighborhoods and into the larger community – permanently.
In light of the astronomical prices the county has paid for fractions of an acre for many other properties recently, the comparatively low price per acre being asked for the Golf Garden should not be a deterrent. Miramar Beach deserves it.
MAKE THIS A SUPER MAJORITY WIN!
Make 32550 More Than Just a Zip Code
Register to VOTE in Walton County: https://registertovoteflorida.gov/en/Registration/Index
Support our efforts to spread the word: https://www.gofundme.com/f/coalition-for-a-better-miramar-beach&rcid=r01-156440308824-39a3da134e65446f&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w
Follow us or direct message to be added to an email contact list: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoalitionForABetterMiramarBeach/
Today: Tracy is counting on you
Tracy Hook needs your help with “Preserve the Golf Garden as a Miramar Beach Community Park”. Join Tracy and 1,322 supporters today.